Apologies: Robert Ibbotson/Mick Wheatley
Next Thursday February 12th - 2 pm - Basic Photoshop Elements
Editing Group – 2pm.
Replacing a drab sky with trees and foliage on the skyline. Crib sheets emailed!!!
March 5th Meeting - 10 am.
Speaker: Mr Brian Gromett will be addressing the meeting. Subject: Exposure/Dynamic Range & Filters.
Thursday’s Meeting Report:
Bring up to three memorable photos and talk. (DPIs’ and/or Photos’)
With our grateful thanks seven members brought photos and DPIs’
to the meeting giving a brief description on their memorable photo/s.
1. Clive started by talking about some photos going back to the early days of
2nd world war in 1941 when his father had to join the army.
2. Bob showed a DPI photo of his father returning to the UK by train from the
Dunkirk evacuation in 1940. As a volunteer Bob’s second photo was about post
war parachute training somewhere in Norfolk, the final photo was of Bob as a sailing dinghy instructor at Barton on Humber
3. Tony showed some DPIs’ of
recent memorable walks around Alford.
4. Nan showed several memorable DPIs’
taken from slides while on holiday in and around Penzance, Cornwall. Taken in the 1960s’
5. Frances showed a memorable DPI taken in the 1980s’with friends connected with Twycross Zoo near Leicester.
10.55 am. Coffee break.
11.1 0 am.
6. Resuming after coffee beak Allan’s
memorable DPI was taken in the Falkland Isles in 1980s showing the constructing of the island airfield after the Falkland
Alan was responsible for selecting and shipping of machinery for crushing stone
for constructing of the Island runways.
7. Finally, Denise’s memorable
photo was of her Grandfather who worked on the railway, taken on January 5th 1935, showing the moving of daffodils
grown in the Scilly Isles.
11.35 am. Together with her Improvers group winning photo Deena brought an excellent framed tapestry
of her photo to show the meeting, explaining where it was taken and how the photo was transferred to canvas.
11.40 am. To finalize the meeting the Annual Photo Competition and the DPI winning photos were shown
prior to the annual lunch.
11. 50 am. With 10 minutes to spare Bob showed two short humorous slide shows.
Retiring to the restaurant for the Annual Lunch and prize presentation (22 members + 2 guests) Clive closed
the meeting thanking members for their attendance.
Bob and Clive.